Ramen Landon, MPO, CPO
Ramen Landon is excited to join the team at Anchor Brace and Limb as a prosthetic and pediatric expert continuing to serve the Tri-Cities area. Ramen became interested in the O&P profession at an early age as a result of repeatedly watching his father, a Purple Heart recipient and Vietnam Veteran, work on his custom orthotics.
Later, with encouragement from a retired O&P clinician, Ramen decided to become a prosthetist and orthotist. He entered the field and became an experienced technician learning how to make devices to help others achieve their mobility goals. His passion and drive to help others led him to complete his Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
Ramen attended Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, where he earned his Master’s Degree in orthotics and prosthetics. He then completed a prestigious 18-month prosthetic residency at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (now AbilityLab). His time there included a six-month research rotation and upper limb prosthetic project at the Center for Bionic Medicine. While there, he received extensive prosthetic exposure to not only complex clinical cases but also future prosthetic technologies. This world-renowned prosthetic exposure has given him the confidence to solve the most complex clinical presentations and instilled a team-first approach to clinical practice.
Ramen then completed his Orthotic residency with Ability Prosthetics & Orthotics where he received extensive pediatric exposure while working alongside a leading custom cranial remolding orthotist.
Ramen’s passion to help others has only grown over the years from the time he first helped his father as a child. He feels blessed to have found a profession that allows him to make a real difference in people’s lives. Ramen has a wealth of clinical, research, and technical exposure to provide advanced patient-centric custom prosthetic and orthotic solutions.
- ABC Certified Prosthetist Orthotist
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- Masters degree in Prosthetics and Orthotics from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Prosthetic residency at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, (now Abilitylab).
- Six-month research rotation at the Center for Bionic Medicine within RIC
- Member of the American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists (AAOP)
- Member of the American Orthotic & Prosthetic Association (AOPA)